Thursday 1 December 2016

2016 - Pret a Manger - Mince Pie

I thought it had been a while since I approached the high street coffee shops so here is the first of a popular coffee/lunch joint. They say you're never more than 10ft away from a rat in New York, well if you're in London, you're never more than 100 meters from a Pret! It seemed difficult to ignore them.

Presentation - 4 / 10


Its clearly not Christmas at Pret yet. Thankfully their mince pie has a star on it. Or is it just their logo? Either way, a lack of inventiveness is evident here.



Nutritional Content & Price - 1 / 10

£1.30  for just the one mince pie is pretty steep. Considering you can get a box of 6 Iceland mince pies for £1.50. These are pushing Harrods prices.

In terms of nutrition, these have a whopping 14.7g of fat, 24g of sugar and are 315 calories. This is a large mince pie, but that's still excuse. Its also worth noting that Pret have not changed this in the last 3 years as its exactly the same as my previous review.


Pastry - 20 / 35

I'm not going to bother. Its exactly the same as my previous review here.

Mincemeat - 10 / 35

meh. Click here.

Overall Satisfaction - 2 / 10

Pret say these are hand made in small batches. If they were, you'd probably get slight variations in the nutrition, but to be exactly the same as my review 3 years ago I think this is just false advertising whichever way you look at it. Also, I think I'm being generous on the mincemeat score. They still say it was made in July... I think they mean July 2013, its so dry.


OVERALL SCORE - 37 / 100

See where this mince pie sit on our leader board here.

(Don't forget to share this review and follow us on twitter @TheMincePieBlog and on Facebook to ensure you don't miss out on new reviews.)

No comments:

Post a Comment